These interactive workshops are two to four hours long and can be adjusted to fit your organization’s schedule. Each program provides practical information and participant materials, along with discussion, activities, and follow up actions that can be taken immediately to improve your leaders’ effectiveness in the workplace. Appropriate for anyone in a management or leadership role.
Use our comprehensive training materials to conduct leadership training on-site at your organization. Detailed facilitator’s guide along with slides and/or participant materials are provided for each program. Want to see how comprehensive and user-friendly the materials are? Download an entire set of free workshop materials!
To learn more and purchase your program, select the program below. For more information or to have Joanne conduct a session for your organization, please contact us.
Conflict Resolution for Leaders
Event Length: 2 Hours
Event Description: This workshop gives leaders the tools to relate more effectively with others and to improve cooperation and harmony among their staff members through skillful conflict resolution. Participants are introduced to three conflict resolution approaches, learn a conflict resolution process, and practice using communication tools in case studies based on actual events. This practical program gives leaders tools they can use immediately to manage and reduce conflict within their employee group.
- understanding the types and causes of conflict
- recognizing the signs, effects, and outcomes of conflict
- identifying the five conflict handling styles and knowing when to use each style
- explaining and applying the six-step conflict resolution model
- understanding conflict communication tools for sending, receiving, and responding to difficult messages
- distinguishing the three roles for handling conflict among staff members
Conflict Resolution for Leaders includes the 32-page Facilitator’s Guide, 24 PowerPoint slides, and 18-page Participant Guide.
[wp_cart:Conflict Resolution for Leaders:price:199.00:shipping:6.49:end]
Critical Thinking for Leaders
Event Length: 4 Hours
Event Description: Critical thinking is not just about possessing a set of skills. It incorporates a second dimension, a person’s attitudes, values, character, and overall approach to life. Critical thinkers not only use critical thinking skills, they structure their lives in terms of the standards of critical thinking. In this workshop, participants explore the definition of and need for critical thinking in today’s workplace and the world at large. They learn to apply the standards of critical thinking, enabling sound decision-making and effective problem solving. Participants learn how to evaluate numbers critically and to avoid the pitfalls of egocentric thinking. Finally, they examine various fallacies of logic and rhetoric and apply all the course material in working through a small group case study. This program covers many of the thinking skills covered in college courses today and gives leaders at all levels an understanding of critical thinking concepts and the opportunity to apply critical thinking skills.
- defining critical thinking and explain why it is needed today
- understanding and applying the standards of critical thinking
- recognizing the behaviors of egocentric thinkers
- describing the characteristics of critical thinkers
- explaining and identifying the common fallacies of logic and rhetoric
Critical Thinking for Leaders includes a comprehensive 17-page Facilitator’s Guide and Workshop Evaluation, 21 PowerPoint slides, and 24-page Participant Guide.
[wp_cart:Critical Thinking for Leaders:price:299.00:shipping:6.99:end]
Professional Conduct for Leaders
Event Length: 2 Hours
Event Description: This workshop enables leaders to create a workplace of respect that appreciates diversity and is free from harassment and discrimination. It helps leaders recognize how they can create an environment that truly values individuals and their uniqueness. This is a great refresher course for experienced leaders and a beneficial introduction to diversity, affirmative action, and sexual harassment for new managers. This program helps leaders create a climate of respect for diversity by recognizing and preventing workplace harassment and creating equal employment opportunities.
- developing an understanding of and appreciation for diversity in today’s workplace
- distinguishing between diversity and affirmative action, increasing awareness of and sensitivity to cultural differences
- recognizing the role communication plays in expressing appreciation for diversity and avoiding discrimination
- differentiating between discrimination and harassment
- defining sexual harassment and understand its cost to companies and individuals
- understanding their role in preventing harassment and in responding to a complaint of harassment
Professional Conduct for Leaders includes the 16-page Facilitator’s Guide, 32 PowerPoint slides, and 19-page Participant Guide.
[wp_cart:Professional Conduct for Leaders:price:199.00:shipping:6.49:end]
Leading Organizational Change
Event Length: 3 Hours
Event Description: This workshop gives leaders the insight and tools to manage the change process for themselves and their employees. It helps managers understand the changes that are occurring, how they are impacting the workplace, and how they can manage the process. Ideal for leaders of organizations that are undergoing restructuring, downsizing, closures, or merger/acquisition, this program helps leaders learn to manage organizational change within their employee group.
- understanding change by examining the “big picture” of changes in the marketplace and the organization
- appreciating how they and their employees are impacted by organizational change
- assessing where they are in the change process
- discovering ways to respond to change using the Control/No Control and ADAPT Models to adapt and move forward
- learning how to assist employees in moving through the change process effectively
Leading Organizational Change includes the 16-page Facilitator’s Guide, 22 PowerPoint slides, and 20-page Participant Guide.
[wp_cart:Leading Organizational Change:price:249.00:shipping:6.99:end]
Event Length: 3 Hours
Event Description: This workshop gives leaders an understanding of motivation, rewards, and positive and negative reinforcement. It helps them learn how to modify jobs to enhance motivation and provides leaders motivational tools such as goal setting theory and employee involvement programs. As a result, participants are able to develop effective motivators and rewards for a work group. Finally, this program helps leaders understand the importance of having a motivated workforce and recognize their role as leaders in motivating others.
- understanding better what motivates and de-motivates employees
- knowing basic motivational theories and how the techniques can be used in their work environment
- being able to explain how to change a job to enhance an employee’s motivation
- having an appreciation for monetary and non-monetary rewards and how to use rewards and recognition to improve employee motivation
- acquiring ideas on how to motivate specialized groups of employees such as temporary workers and those engaged in repetitive tasks
Motivating Employees includes the 22-page Facilitator’s Guide, 44 PowerPoint slides, and 25-page Participant Guide.
Package Deal – The Leadership Development Series
This series includes five Nurture You training programs covering 14 workshop hours for leaders for one low price: Critical Thinking for Leaders (four hours), Conflict Resolution for Leaders (two hours), Professional Conduct for Leaders (two hours), Leading Organizational Change (three hours), and Motivating Employees (three hours). These ready-to-deliver programs are appropriate for corporate audiences and any organization that would like to improve the management skills of its leaders, particularly in the areas of managing conflict, communication, diversity, sexual harassment, problem solving, and critical thinking. Why pay a professional trainer when you could conduct these programs in-house for a fraction of the cost as often as you wish!
Includes free Facilitator Tips to help you deliver a fun, informative session.
Cost for all three programs just $999
[wp_cart:The Leadership Development Series:price:999.00:shipping:12.99:end]