When I was a leader for Weight Watchers, my favorite meeting topic was “What would you do if you wanted to gain weight?” The members listed many items and then we discussed how often they actually did those things – the exact opposite of what they knew they should be doing. It was a real eye-opener. Let’s try that here: what would you do if you didn’t want to meet anyone?
- Stay at home and complain that you never meet anyone.
- Go to a singles event, but stay hidden in the back.
- Refuse to consider the suggestions of friends and family, saying you’ve already tried those things.
- Go to a dance and either turn down every offer to dance or not ask anyone to dance.
- Resist trying anything new to you, such as speed dating, taking a non-credit class, or volunteering.
- Keep seeing the same person who you’ve told friends repeatedly is not the one for you.
What would you add to this list? Try doing the opposite and see what happens.
Trackback from your site.